National Education Seminar (NES) Topic: Solicitations, Bids, Proposals, and Source Selection
Date: Friday, March 29, 2013
Registration & Breakfast: 7:15 AM – 7:45 AM
Seminar: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Westfields Business Park‐ Conference Center Auditorium
15000 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Speaker: Ms. Arthuretta Martin, CFCM
To register for this event, click HERE.
– Advance ‐ Thursday, February 28, 2013: Member: $250.00 (Nonmember: $275.00)
– Regular ‐ Wednesday, March 27, 2013: Member: $300.00 (Nonmember: $325.00)
About the Program
Building a contract, in both the public and private business sectors, which meets or exceeds the requirements of the buyer and seller is indeed a challenge, especially in a world of high expectations and demanding customers. This seminar provides a comprehensive roadmap or series of steps, which can be taken by both buyers and sellers to achieve mutual business success.
The focus of this seminar is on the art and science of building a winning contract by: creating appropriate and professional solicitations (requests for quotes, invitations for bids, request for proposals, etc.); developing successful bids/proposals (including verbal presentations); and conducting efficient, cost effective, and value‐added source selection.
– The Buying and Selling Lifecycle
– Pre‐bid/Proposal Phase: Procurement Planning, Solicitation Planning, and Preparation
– Case Study: Acquisition Strategy
– Pre‐bid/Proposal Phase: Pre‐sales Activities and Bid/No Bid
– Pre‐bid/Proposals Phase: Bid/Proposal Development and Reviews
– Case Study: IT Managed Services
– Bid/Proposal Phase: Source‐selection Planning and Evaluation
– Post‐bid/Proposal Phase: Contract Negotiation and Formation
Every attendee will receive a copy of Solicitations, Bids, Proposals, and Source Selection and its accompanying workbook.