Program Date and Time
Friday, February 20, 2015, 8:30AM – 10:30AM. Breakfast and networking starts at 7:30AM.
Washington Technology Park Conference Center, 15000 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151 (Click here for more information and a link to directions)
This program started out as a panel focused on what the impact of DoD’s DFARS clause 252.204-7012, “Safeguarding Unclassified Controlled Technical Information (UCTI)” is having on Government and Industry implementation. It has grown, however, to look at what the Federal Government is doing overall to protect all Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), as required by Executive Order 13556, issued on November 4, 2010.
The panel will look at what is happening between the Government and Industry and how Industry is trying to keep up with the changes, the regulations, and the possible implications of non-compliance. To say the least, it’s a pretty big issue that ultimately can and does affect our national security and is a topic important to keep the dialog open between the Government and Industry.
In this seminar, attendees will learn about:
- Why is the Safeguarding of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) necessary?
- Where are we going in the future?
- How do we help the different Government agencies to be consistent across the board?
- What are some of the lessons learned from the field to implement the requirements for protecting CUI and in particular, Unclassified Controlled Technical Information (UCTI) for DoD?
You can submit your questions ahead of time so that the panel can review and prepare to address the specific areas important to you.
About The Panel
Click on each name for a biography of the panelist.
- Bernice A. (“Bunnie”) Pasternak, Esq., CFCM, CPCM, Fellow: Moderator, Principal Consultant and Owner, Innovation140 Consulting, LLC; and a former DoD employee for more than 31 years
- John Fitzpatrick: Director and Executive Agent for Controlled Unclassified Information, Information Security Oversight Office, National Archives and Records Administration
- Timothy A. Davis: Director of Security, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Intelligence
- Rebecca E. (Becky) Pearson: President of the DC Chapter and a partner at Venable, LLP
- Bruce Barta: Director of Contracts for BAE Systems’ Platforms and Services, Combat Vehicles
- Marcia Guerrero: Director of Security for BAE Systems’ Combat Systems and Ship Repair
Join us for an informative presentation, a hot breakfast, and an opportunity to network with fellow contract professionals, all for only $35!
Submit Your Questions to the Panel
When you register for this seminar you will have the option of submitting your questions for the panel. If you want to submit your questions now or want to submit additional questions after registering, fill out the form below.