The NCMA Dulles Corridor Chapter is the recipient of the Gold Chapter Excellence Award for the 2015-2016 Program Year!
The Chapter Excellence Award celebrates chapter volunteers who demonstrate dedicated service to NCMA and its members. The Chapter was the sole recipient in the Large Chapter category that is comprised of six NCMA chapters with 500 or more members.
Chapters were evaluated in four areas:
- Chapter leadership: Developing chapter leadership with the focus on promoting leadership opportunities, developing chapter leaders, building a leadership pipeline and seamless leadership transitions.
- Chapter operations: Developing and supporting chapter operations with a focus on the business administration of running a chapter, establishing and implementing policies and procedures, best services, and best practices for chapters of different sizes.
- Member involvement: Member involvement with a focus on engaging members to actively participate in meetings, networking opportunities, and chapter volunteerism.
- Member services: Member services with a focus on developing a compelling mix of activities and products that meet the unique needs of each chapter.
“We are extremely honored NCMA has recognized the accomplishments of our Chapter last year beyond just our membership growth,” said Chapter President Michael Shingledecker. “Dedicated volunteer leaders; a robust annual plan of programs; active website and social media presence; community outreach; participation in National programs; CMLDP students; and facilitating new certifications all contribute to chapter excellence.”
Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Executive Council who worked to earn this award:
- Michael Shingledecker, Chapter President
- Matt Koetter, Treasurer
- Cindy Beard, Secretary
- Tyler Marquardt, VP Operations
- Melissa Favorito, VP Programs
- Heather Dallara, VP Professional Development
- Sharonette Foster, Communications Director
- Yvonne Montgomery, Seminar Director
- Jessica Grant, Certifications Director
- Eileen Brown, Secretary
- Karen Williams, Awards & Honors Director
The Chapter received its award at the conclusion of the NCMA Winter Chapter Leader Summit on December 11th at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, DC.