The Chapter is broadcasting this event live! See below for details.
Program Date and Time
Friday, January 19, 2018, 8:30AM – 10:30AM. Registration, breakfast and networking starts at 7:30AM.
UNICOM Technology Park Conference Center, 15000 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151.
Through his support of more than a dozen Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs) during calendar year 2017, Mark Hijar and his company, ProcureLinx LLC, gained valuable insights into current DCMA review trends as well as new points of emphasis being added to the 2018 CPSR process. This training session will provide attendees with detailed guidance through the CPSR process as well as up-to-the-minute knowledge regarding what to expect when you’re expecting a 2018 CPSR.
This seminar will cover the following aspects of the current CPSR process:
- Responding to Data Calls (including what to include and what to exclude)
- Paper vs. Electronic (What to provide, how to limit access within electronic environments)
- Preparing the In-Brief
- Preparing Responses to “Live” CPSR Questions (including successfully “pushing back” on governmental overreaches)
- CPSR Report Process (including a comparison of response strategies for Level II v. Level III CARs)
This seminar will also cover the following updates and focus areas of the 2017 CPSR process:
- Current Policy and Procedure Requirements
- Commercial Item Group (CIG)
- Price Analysis Trends
- Requisition Authorizations and Award Approvals
- New NDAA 2018 Requirements
About The Speaker
ProcureLinx founder Mark Hijar focuses on the development of cutting-edge approaches to federal supply chain management and regulatory compliance. Mr. Hijar has held federal procurement positions from Subcontract Administrator to General Counsel, including Director of Compliance for a purchasing system handling $300M+ in procurements annually. Since taking that system successfully through its first two CPSRs. Mr. Hijar has participated as an SME in more than 60 CPSRs. ProcureLinx LLC has taken more than 30 contractors successfully through the CPSR process since January 2016.
Along with traditional consulting services and “real-world” training modules, ProcureLinx LLC actively leverages its vast CPSR experience into technological resources and advances that streamline federal supply chain compliance including:
- “CPSR Help and Hints:” a connected group of social media discussion groups (on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) that provides contractors with free up-to-the-minute information on the CPSR process and practical approaches to compliance.
- ProcureLinx Pro: the industry’s first COTS CPSR-compliant web-enabled internal review system that has helped more than 28 contractors achieve purchasing system approval since launch in 2013.
- ProcureLinx ProFile: the industry’s first COTS CPSR-compliant Subcontract e-Management Solution. ProFile creates compliant files by automating the file development process from prime contract flowdown selection to the requisition process through electronic file production with end-to-end data tracking (including small business participation) via real-time graphic reporting modules. ProFile can be hosted locally or in the Cloud and can be integrated with commercially available accounting systems.
Earn 2 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits! Join us for an informative presentation, a hot breakfast, and an opportunity to network with fellow contract professionals, all for only $40 (NCMA members; $45 for non-members). Our event cancellation policy is here and our inclement weather policy is here.
In order to save on printing costs and to give people an option to use a laptop or tablet, we will email the seminar presentation and any materials prior to the event. The UNICOM Technology Park Conference Center provides complimentary Wi-Fi if you prefer to download the presentation files on the day of the event. We will NOT have printed copies available the day of the event.
Live Broadcast Available!
The Chapter plans to broadcast this seminar live over the internet using Twitter’s Periscope service. This is part of the Chapter’s strategy of making our offerings available virtually to increase membership participation. Viewers do not need to register for this seminar; however, the Chapter cannot issue an attendance certificate or CPE credits.
There are two ways to join the broadcast:
- Use the on air button below. When the button is red and says “LIVE” (refresh this page around 8:30AM to update), that is your cue to click it. This will launch the Periscope app on your iOS or Android device (account required) or take you to Periscope’s website from your computer (account not required). Note that if you do not have an account you are not able to participate in the chat.
- Follow us on Twitter. We will tweet when the broadcast starts and you can watch right that tweet.
The Chapter will update this page if we encounter technical difficulties and cannot broadcast the seminar.