For the second consecutive year, the NCMA Dulles Corridor Chapter is the recipient of the Gold Chapter Excellence Award (Large Chapters) for the 2016-2017 Program Year!
The Chapter Excellence Award celebrates chapter volunteers who demonstrate dedicated service to NCMA and its members. The Chapter was the sole recipient in the Large Chapter category that is comprised of six NCMA chapters with 500 or more members.
Chapters were evaluated in four areas:
- Chapter leadership: Developing chapter leadership with the focus on promoting leadership opportunities, developing chapter leaders, building a leadership pipeline and seamless leadership transitions.
- Chapter operations: Developing and supporting chapter operations with a focus on the business administration of running a chapter, establishing and implementing policies and procedures, best services, and best practices for chapters of different sizes.
- Member involvement: Member involvement with a focus on engaging members to actively participate in meetings, networking opportunities, and chapter volunteerism.
- Member services: Member services with a focus on developing a compelling mix of activities and products that meet the unique needs of each chapter.
“We are extremely honored NCMA has recognized the accomplishments of our Chapter for the second year in a row,” said Chapter President Michael Shingledecker. “Dedicated volunteer leaders; a robust annual plan of programs; active website and social media presence; community outreach; participation in National programs; and facilitating new certifications all contribute to chapter excellence.”
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Executive Council who worked to earn this award:
- Michael Shingledecker, Chapter President
- Natalie Baird, Treasurer
- Cindy Beard, Secretary
- Karen Williams, VP Operations
- Yvonne Montgomery, VP Programs
- Heather Dallara, VP Professional Development
- Eileen Tobin, VP Membership
- Sharonette Foster, Communications Director
- Elizabeth Seaborne, Seminar Director
- Jessica Grant, Certifications Director
- Melissa Frye, NES Director
- Sherry Simburger, Awards & Honors Director
The Chapter received its award at the conclusion of the NCMA Winter Leadership Master Class on December 3rd at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington, VA.