National Eduction Seminar: Contract ComplianceEarly bird pricing until April 2nd. Sign up today!
Contract Compliance is a National Education Seminar (NES) that focuses on contract compliance: assessing, monitoring, and demonstrating compliance throughout the organization.
When it comes to compliance, contracting professionals are expected to lead the way—especially when auditors come knocking. However, compliance must begin well before an audit, through the organizational compliance environment, by establishing compliant business systems and managing compliance up and down the supply chain. In this seminar, participants will practice making decisions to monitor and manage compliance with several FAR and other regulatory requirements. The day will include practice assessing compliance and a hands-on CPSR audit simulation where participants will practice evaluating and proving compliance through a tried-and-true three-step process.
In this seminar, you will learn to:
- Assess and monitor an organizational compliance environment
- Assess required Contractor Code of Conduct and Business Ethics attributes
- Evaluate an acquisition process for appropriate internal controls and separation of duties
- Analyze situations to decide if personal or organizational conflicts of interest exist
- Classify compliance enforcement measures
- Assess organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrate compliance with required business systems
- Summarize key business system compliance requirements
- Recognize CPSR requirements and consequences
- Evaluate a purchasing system
- Prove your compliance through a three-step “prove it” process for a series of business systems
- Monitor compliance up and down an organization’s supply chain
- Evaluate supply chain compliance risks
- Create a contract compliance matrix
- Conduct subcontract responsibility determination
Thursday, April 15, 2021, 12:00PM to 4:00PM
Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:00AM to 2:00PM
How To Join
Zoom using Windows, Mac, tablet, or mobile
Karl Fultz, Senior Manager, Government Contract Services (GCS), Ernst & Young
Edward (Ed) Morley, Senior Manager, Government Contract Services (GCS), Ernst & Young
Karl Fultz is a Senior Manager in EY’s Government Contract Services practice, in the Washington, DC area. Karl has over a decade of contract management experience, including working as a Senior Auditor at the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and in research grant and contract compliance with a major research university. Karl is a frequent presenter on general contract compliance matters, contract control design, internal audit, and market growth. Karl has assisted multiple companies in assessing their business systems, preparing for government audits and conducting internal audits with multi-national companies.
Edward (Ed) Morley is a Senior Manager within EY’s Government Contract Services practice in Boston. Ed has over a decade of experience supporting clients on a variety of services involving contracting with the Federal Government in the areas of accounting and contract compliance, including international subcontracts and prime contracts. He has extensive experience in the review of the DFARS Business Systems, compliance with export regulations, and cybersecurity considerations. Had has presented at multiple NCMA events, including recent presentations at the 60th Annual NCMA Boston March Workshop and the Tyson’s NCMA Chapter.
Earn 7 hours of Continuing Professional Education (C.P.E.) credits.
- Pricing valid after April 2, 2021
- Pricing valid until April 2, 2021
You can contact us by filling out the form or using one of the methods below.
P.O. Box 231324
Centreville, VA 20120