Program Date and Time
Friday, May 18, 2018, 8:30AM – 11:30AM. Registration, breakfast and networking starts at 7:30AM.
Note this is a special 3-hour seminar to allow time for Q&A.
UNICOM Technology Park Conference Center, 15000 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151.
Click here for more details on the location and parking.
NCMA Dulles is hosting representatives from the Section 809 Panel to discuss their Volume 1 report submitted to Congress in January 2018. This report is the first of three volumes and continues the panel’s mandate for making recommendations to streamline defense acquisition. To date, the efforts of the panel have proven highly productive, and outreach efforts continue to generate hundreds of ideas for improving acquisition that the panel is diligently investigating.
The Volume 1 Report contains recommendations to update the process by which DoD acquires IT business systems, to streamline DoD’s cumbersome auditing requirements, to address challenges in how the small business community and DoD interact, to update commercial buying, to clarify the definition of personal and nonpersonal services, to remove statutory requirements for 13 acquisition-related DoD offices, and to repeal 20 acquisition-related statutory reporting requirements. In all cases, the Section 809 Panel has laid out the rationale for change, and followed up with specific, actionable, statutory and regulatory language.
In this seminar, attendees will learn about new trends in defense acquistion. Attendees will also have the opportunity to engage the panel to ask questions, submit feedback, and/or provide ideas for change.
About The Panel Members
- Currently Principal of Drabkin and Associates, LLC and Director of Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Past Experience:
- Director of Acquisition Policy and Senior Procurement Executive for the Office of the Chief Acquisition Officer
- Corporate Director of Contracts and Director of Acquisition Policy at Northrup Grumman Corporation
- Senior Procurement Executive for the General Services Administration
- Deputy Program Manager, Pentagon Renovation for the Department of Defense
- Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defense USD(AT&L)
- Associate General Counsel (Procurement) for the Defense Logistics Agency
- Director, Acquisition Policy, Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs Office, Boeing Company
- Assistant General Counsel, Acquisition and Contracting, Broadcasting Board of Governors
- Senior Procurement/Litigation Attorney, Department of Homeland Security-Customs and Border Protection, Department of Treasury-U.S. Customs Service
- Naval Air Systems Command and Naval Air Supply Command
- Research Analyst, Team 6, Section 809 Panel
- Founder and President, ZYGOS Consulting LLC
- Support Contractor, Project Manager, Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program
- Director, Gartner, Inc.
- Senior Manager, Capgemini/Ernst & Young
- Research Analyst, Team 4, Section 809 Panel
- Category Management Lead, CACI Inc. – Federal
- NCMA CMLDP graduate
- Chapter Secretary, NCMA Dulles Corridor Chapter
Earn 3 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits! Join us for an informative presentation, a hot breakfast, and an opportunity to network with fellow contract professionals, all for only $40 (NCMA members; $45 for non-members). Our event cancellation policy is here and our inclement weather policy is here.
The panel has elected not to share the presentation slides for this seminar so handouts are not available. Please bring a notepad, laptop, or other device to take notes. The UNICOM Technology Park Conference Center provides complimentary Wi-Fi.
Live Broadcast Available
The Chapter plans to broadcast this seminar live over the Internet using Twitter’s Periscope service. This is part of the Chapter’s strategy of making our offerings available virtually to increase membership participation. There is no charge! Viewers do not need to register for this seminar to watch the broadcast; however, the Chapter cannot issue an attendance certificate or CPE credits at this time.
There are several ways to join the broadcast:
- Use the on air button below. This will launch the Periscope app on your iOS or Android device (account required) or take you to Periscope’s website from your computer (account not required). Note that if you do not have an account you are not able to participate in the chat.
- Go directly to the Chapter’s Periscope page at 8:30AM by clicking here.
- Follow us on Twitter. We will tweet when the broadcast starts and you can watch right from that tweet.
The Chapter will update this page if we encounter technical difficulties and cannot broadcast the seminar.